Mr. João Domingos Salvador Vaz, JD
Chief of Staff of the Ministry of Construction, Luanda, Angola
Following a brief tenure of three years at TAAG – Angolan Airlines, where he planned to pursue a piloting career, but was unfortunately unsuccessful, Dr. João Vaz was hired by Sonangol in 1982. At Sonangol, he has held the following professional positions:
- Public Relations Assistant
- Head of the Protocol Division
- Support Officer for the Office of the Director of Sonangol
- Lawyer on the Legal Committee of Sonangol
- Legal Assistant to the Office of the President of the Administrative Council of Sonangol
- Legal Advisor to the Office of the President of the Administrative Council of Sonangol
Currently, Dr. João Vaz is the Chief of Staff of the Ministry of Construction.
- Graduated with Law Degree from the International University of Lisbon (Portugal)
- Post-Graduate Studies in Petroleum and Gas Law at the Law School of Agostinho Neto University (Angola)
- Lawyer enrolled in the Order of Lawyers of Angola (www.oaang.org)
- Member of the Association of Lawyers of SADC
Dr. João Vaz, born on March 7, 1961, in the town of Golungo Alto, Kwanza Norte Province. He is married to Anabela Sandra de Albuquerque Cahombo Vaz.